Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give hope and a future
Over 30 years ago a great man of God by the name of Dick Mills prayed over Cindy and me during a season where we were teaching our marrieds class at The Church On The Way. He told us that God gave him some verses to share with us—Jeremiah 29:11 was one of them. I cannot tell you how many times this verse has come back to us at significant times of great challenge. It remains a special blessing to us at this important transition time in our life and ministry.
Cindy’s move to California
As I write to you today we are literally packing up Cindy’s car to drive to Temecula this Tuesday May 31st. We should arrive at our daughter Kim’s home sometime Wednesday and the plan is to get Cindy settled in and then I will fly back to Colorado that following Sunday, remaining at our home until it sells. Our son-in-law, Mark McWilliams will be putting the home on the market officially sometime mid June.
Once our home sells we can then more clearly assess our options in Temecula. Needless to say, transitions like this are never easy. I am not looking forward to being without my bride for an extended period—most of you know how lost I am without her.
Let me share briefly a couple of ministry notes and then leave you with a very important list of prayer requests for us. On Tuesday June 7th, Pat McGuire and I head for Jacksonville, Florida where I will be addressing the Association Of Gospel Rescue Missions (AGRM) national conference. My plenary session will be the opening one on Wednesday morning and I am looking forward to what God is going to do. They are expecting around 1,000 delegates, most of them CEO’s from missions throughout North America.
I have spent a lot of time asking God to give me a special message for this precious group of leaders. These men and women are literally the arrow-point of ministry in our nation today and the needs they provide are likely to become even more critical given the direction we are headed. Their theme is, Counter Culture. I believe the Lord is directing me to bring a hybrid message dealing with my title, Real Christianity In An Un-Real World along with a strong call to become serious about our personal spiritual preparedness to lead and serve.
Click on the image here for a video of the Real Christianity message I brought to over 1000 men at the ISI conference several weeks ago in Springfield, IL.
We will be in Florida for two days and then back home to plan a farewell golf event (between July 19—August 16) and work on our garage sale and other logistics associated with the transition. For those of you who have gone through a move like this, you know all that it entails—I’m tired just thinking about it.
OK, with all that as a backdrop here now is the important stuff—Cindy and my personal call for your intercessory PRAYER. Please take the list below to God in our behalf over this next season:
Prayer for Vince and Cindy and On Target ministries
- For Cindy to get settled into Temecula and for God to heal her lungs completely
- For our home to sell quickly and for a fair price that will help us as we scale down and look to get debt free. (Our total retirement is wrapped up in the small amount of equity remaining in our home)
- For an incredible response to our upcoming farewell golf fundraiser
- For much needed funds to flow in order to help with our moving costs and pay for the completion of our new curriculum– Here is the link to our web donation page if you would like to help us http://otm.co/donate/.
- For Pat and I to have a powerful time in Jacksonville as I speak and we together announce our new curriculum to the AGRM
- For God to show us just the right home to either buy or rent as we transition
- For God to open new doors of ministry opportunity in the Southern California area
I’ll be sending another update soon to let you know how things are going. Remember that as a financial partner, every person that we minister to is someone that you are ministering to as well.
Cindy and I pray God’s richest blessing upon you and your family.
Helping men become Fully Alive—the man God intended,