This will be my last communication with you before our 2020 national election.
As I write this TargetPoint we have less than four weeks before the most important election in the history of America. Even as I say that, there are those who would say I am exaggerating. Let’s take a look.
What Donald Trump and the Republican party stands for:
(Excerpted from a letter to an anti-Trump Christian friend by Professor Wayne Grudem)
- Originalist judges, pro-life policies, a stronger military, a free-market economic system, lower taxes, fewer government regulations, strong support for Israel, clearheaded recognition of the economic, military, and information threat of China, a high value placed on human freedom, personal accountability for committing crimes, good jobs and school choice as the best way to help the poor, a strong border wall and a secure border, followed by a comprehensive reform of our immigration system, careful extraction and clean use of carbon-based fuels (coal, oil, natural gas).
- Freedom of conscience (government should not force Christians to use their artistic skills to convey a message of approval of same-sex marriage or to use their medical skills to perform an abortion, or to use their pharmacies as the distribution point for drugs that cause abortion)
- Greater availability of tax-supported school choice in low-income neighborhoods, economic growth resulting in more and better jobs, an increase in safety through an increase in police presence, medical marijuana should be allowed (with a prescription from a doctor) but recreational marijuana should be prohibited.
- Restrooms, locker rooms, and single-gender sports teams should be restricted to people of one biological sex or the other.
What Joe Biden and the Democrat party stands for:
Starting with pretty much the opposite of the entire list above here are some additional considerations to think about:
- They will nullify the Senate filibuster rule (both Obama and Biden have recently spoken about this) so that all legislation can be passed with only 50 senators plus the vice president casting the tie-breaking vote.
- Support the rising influence of judges who are not constrained by the original meaning of the words of the Constitution or of the laws, perhaps even adding six additional seats to the Supreme Court in order to be able to give the court a new 10-5 majority of such justices (this could be done with control of both the House, the Senate, and the presidency).
- Grant statehood to both Washington DC and Puerto Rico, thus adding four more Democrats to the U.S. Senate.
- Support draconian laws that compel an artistic professional or a professional counselor to affirm the validity of same-sex marriage even when that is contrary to the professional person’s conscience.
- Reinstate the Obama-era guidelines that required schools to allow biological males who claim to be transgender females to use girls’ bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers (the guidelines were canceled by Trump).
- Allow biological males to compete in women’s sports, setting new statewide records in women’s track events and other sports.
- Pass multiple new, extremely strict green energy laws that will massively increase energy costs and therefore will also increase the cost of everything that is made or transported with the use of energy.
- Seek to defund the police (to be precise, Biden has said he favors “redirecting” some police funding to other programs, which is a partial “defunding” of police, which will lead predictably to a substantial increase in crime).
- Use violence and intimidation to nullify freedom of speech (in practice) for those who disagree with them politically.
- Support open borders and sanctuary cities in defiance of the law.
- Promote a complete federal government takeover of our healthcare system.
Anyone with a modest degree of discernment and a basic grasp of human history can see where we are headed—socialism followed by outright communism. Please understand that there are a lot of people who truly believe this is the best for America. They have been persuaded that the great American experiment is a failure. It began almost a century ago and has continued as a deliberate attempt to overthrow everything our great nation was built upon.
We have allowed Marxist, Leninist professors to infiltrate our educational institutions and brainwash our kids. I remember the words of the Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev in the early 60’s: We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism, until they suddenly awake to find they have communism.
He went on to say, we will bury you from within. That is exactly what will happen dear ones if we do nothing. NOT VOTING IS NOT AN OPTION—IT IS THE OUTRIGHT SURRENDER OF OUR NATION.