Target Point, Vol. 17 of 31
Today's Verse/Thought: Lyrics of Rage
The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, FITS OF RAGE, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21
Properly managed anger IS WITHOUT HATRED. Look at what hatred can do-in our culture today we see a fatherless generation feeding upon White Hip Hop lyrics of rage propagated by such role models as Eminen who's CD among our youth was Number One some years ago. Much of our younger generation is seething with wrath and anger toward what they perceive as a hopeless society.
There is a way to manage anger without hatred but it takes a willingness to follow a process led by the Holy Spirit of the living God. As you acknowledge Him in your life and pursue His will for you, allow the Lord Jesus to take you through this very important process.
Do you often find yourself seething with rage? In a quiet place in the presence of the Lord, follow these important steps:
1) GET IN TOUCH WITH YOUR PAIN. Were you abused as a child? Was your parent no where around when you needed him or her? No matter what the pain, reflect back on that pain and hurt.
2) ALLOW THE GRIEF PROCESS to occur. It's OK to "look back" on that hurt or pain, and then it's healthy to grieve over what may have occurred to cause you such pain.
3) FORGIVE those who hurt you. This takes looking to the Lord, because forgiveness is not natural and is very hard. But, God can forgive that person through you. Let Him do it.
4) Before the Lord, REPENT of the rage you feel. That means to take that rage before the Lord and tell Him you are going to make a 180 and turn your back on that rage.
5) And finally, ALLOW GOD TO BECOME YOUR DEFENDER. Put Him into the position in your life where He takes up your defense rather than you taking it up yourself.
If you are in a position to have input into the lives of young people today who you perceive are filled with hatred, endeavor to assist them in this 5-step process to manage their anger without hatred.
Tomorrow In TargetPoint:
A Valuable Commodity